R2STOP is an initiative of effect:hope and leprosy.ie. Its purpose is to promote and fund research that will close existing knowledge gaps in the relationship between hosts, environment, and the pathogens that cause the conditions known as neglected tropical diseases.
Contributing to a global research strategy focused on eliminating, eradicating and controlling NTDs, R2STOP seeks to build a greater understanding of NTD transmission to prevent infection of selected diseases. In addition to funding relevant, innovative research, the R2STOP initiative fosters collaboration, and provides opportunities for the sharing and translation of knowledge among research grantees.
The research agenda is set to investigate intractable questions that are essential to understand in order to interrupt the transmission of NTDs. This initiative is designed to contribute to the achievement of elimination, eradication and control goals of the London Declaration and WHO roadmap for NTDs.
R2STOP welcomes proposals from all sectors of the research community, in any aspect of transmission aligning with the R2STOP Research Policy.
- Establish, and amend as needed, an agenda aimed at bridging the gaps in our understanding of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) transmission that will complement a global research strategy focused on eliminating, eradicating and controlling NTDs.
- Facilitate the development of research proposals from all sectors of the research community, in any aspect of transmission commensurate with the R2STOP Research Policy.
- Provide an efficient, transparent and scientifically rigorous selection process of research projects according to priorities set in the R2STOP Research Policy.
- To provide a high-quality, scientific monitoring mechanism of research project(s) supported by R2STOP.
- To develop a platform to encourage collaboration and opportunities for the sharing and translation of knowledge among research grantees.